Medior geotechnical engineer
GEO2 Engineering B.V. is a geotechnical engineering company and provides geotechnical advice for projects at home and abroad. We distinguish ourselves in the market by providing innovative and buildable advice. The core idea here is: thinking along with the client, no ready-made solutions but a suitable and buildable solution for each specific situation. We are based in Utrecht.
As Medior geotechnical engineer you are able to independently and where necessary backed up by a senior engineer design various geotechnical structures including very complex (auxiliary) structures. You give geotechnical advice in several phases of the design process whether or not within a multidisciplinary design team. In your advice, you always keep the most economically feasible and optimal geotechnical solutions in mind. You carry out quality checks on the designs produced. You are the point of contact in projects, where you take care of communication with the client. Finally, you share your knowledge and experience with colleagues.
What we ask of you:
- TU civil engineering and/or HBO Civil Engineering (Geo-engineering, Structural hydraulic engineering, Structural engineering);
- Relevant courses followed in the field;
- At least 3 years' experience as a junior geotechnical engineer;
- Good understanding of the theory and practice of the field of (structural) geotechnical engineering;
- Good understanding of geotechnical mechanisms and geotechnical risks;
- Good/excellent command of at least the geotechnical software packages: Plaxis 2D/3D and Deltares D-series;
- Good knowledge of standards and guidelines relevant to the field;
- Excellent knowledge of the Dutch language;
- Enthusiastic, highly motivated and willing to take on new challenges;
- Analytically strong and pragmatic personality;
- A high degree of self-organisation, solution-orientation and a proactive working attitude;
- You enjoy working in a dynamic team with plenty of development opportunities.
What we offer you:
- A challenging position with a wide variety of projects at a dynamic company;
- An attractive salary with result-dependent bonus payment;
- 30 holiday days with possibility to buy additional days;
- Opportunity to work partly from home;
- A pension scheme with the possibility of additional savings;
- Excellent training opportunities to enhance your further professional development;
- A close-knit team in which knowledge sharing, mutual sparring and cooperation are the starting points, but in which there is also plenty of room for social activities;
- A flexible, flat organisation with short lines where customisation is possible and issues can be addressed and resolved quickly;
- Active involvement in the further growth, expansion and professionalisation of our organisation;
- You get plenty of room to take initiative.
More information or apply directly?
Would you like to know more? We would be happy to answer your questions about the position and our organisation. Please contact Rakesh Nehal or Abjan Jacobse on telephone number: +31 (0)346 -769046 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in applying? Send your cover letter with CV by e-mail to: email@example.com.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.